1. Do you they have fever or have you/they felt hot or feverish recently (14-21 days)?
2. Are you/they having shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing?
3. Do you/they have a cough?
4. Any other flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue?
5. Have you/they experience recent loss of taste or smell?
6. Are you/they in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
7. Have you/they traveled in the past 14 days to any COVID-19 “hot spots”?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please contact the office prior to your appointment to discuss.
1. Is your/their age over 60?
2. Do you/they have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes or any auto-immune disorders?
If you answered yes to BOTH of the above questions, please contact the office prior to your appointment to discuss.
· These same questions will be posted at time of check in for you to acknowledge answering and to ensure nothing has changed.
· Additionally, a temperature will be taken prior to treatment.
· We need your cooperation in limiting extra companions at your appointment to reduce the number of people in the waiting room.
· Per interim guidelines from the Iowa Dental Board, you/your family must wear a mask to your appointment. To preserve PPE for our staff, we are asking you to wear your own. We will have some available should you forget.
· If you would like to wait in your car, we can make that accommodation. Please contact the office to arrange.
REVISION DATE MARCH 3, 2021
COVID-19 is in the news everywhere, and we are closely monitoring the situation. We're reaching out to assure you that you are safe at Blue Grass Family Dentistry.
We are excited to announce that, with Governor Reynolds' permission, we are beginning to reschedule patients who had appointments cancelled in the last couple of months. We have prepared for this by implementing a new Online Scheduling option. If you are comfortable please consider using this option to reschedule yourself. If you prefer, you may still call the office. We'd love to hear your voice! We have found that the Online Scheduling does not seem to work as well for families/multiple patients looking to schedule together. If you have multiple people and you want to come together, it may be beneficial to call instead. Ready? Click here to Schedule Now! We are SO excited to see your smile!
We already, as a daily practice, assure universal precautions as outlined by CDC and OSHA standards of infection control. Safety is always our number one focus. Our high standard of care ensures that your trust and safety are never compromised.
We are taking extended measures to further protect all our patients and team with the following additional protocols:
You can be assured safety measures at Blue Grass Family Dentistry will continue to evolve as more information develops.
Stay well, hydrate, eat nutritiously, and get plenty of sleep.
We look forward to serving you,
The team at Blue Grass Family Dentistry
We're happy to announce that Governor Reynolds has reopened dental practices to treat all our patients as of May 8th. Thank you so much for your support during this difficult time.
As you can imagine, our schedule is already pretty full for the summer and we now have hundreds of patients to get back in the schedule. We know that just because we've been allowed to reopen our doors for regular appointments doesn't mean you're comfortable with attending your appointment quite yet. We want to be respectful of those not ready to venture out yet and accommodating to those who are wanting back in our schedule.
If you are receiving this email, it is because you are scheduled between May 8th and August 31st. If you already know that you're not comfortable in keeping this appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer that appointment spot to another patient. Please know that if you cancel the appointment and an emergency comes up, we will get you rescheduled with a doctor right away.
As we stated in a previous email, as a result of COVID-19, we have updated some of our daily procedures. You'll still receive the same great service from our dedicated team, however new procedures have been mandated by the ADA for every dental office, including the requirement for each patient to review a Patient Screening Form before your appointment. We will send you instructions on how to find and complete this form with your confirmation email, text, or call. We are required to again ask these same questions when you arrive for your appointment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation with this new regulation.
Again, thank you so much for your support. We're happy to continue serving you, and can't wait to see your smile!
Your dental family at Blue Grass Family Dentistry
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to finding a new normal and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you either by email, text or voice call, beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Additionally, the chairs in our waiting room have been modified to allow for necessary social distancing.
- The appointment times offered may be slightly different to allow for the necessary social distancing and to allow our staff to properly prepare the operatory for your visit.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We value your opinion and would like to know any questions or concerns you have for when you return to the office. In addition, if there are any suggestions (not already listed above) that we could implement in our office that would make you more comfortable, please send them our way. Although, we may not be able to implement all suggestions, it may give us some insight on something we haven’t thought of yet. Please send comments to email@example.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
And your dental staff